DONT JUDGE, SPY AND BACKBITE as it IS A SIN | Nouman Ali Khan | Surah Al Hujuraat – Thematic Overview
“O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.” (Sahih International) (49:12)
• من الظن : Assume the best about people
• لا تجسس : Don’t spy on people
• لا يغتب : Don’t share people’s secrets…this isn’t lying about someone behind their back (نميمة ) , this is saying something true that people may not want known (غيبة)
• In families (Ex. spouses, siblings) you have to hide people’s secrets/bad habits/traits
• We usually think tawba is only for crimes against Allah, but Allah is saying that if you commit a crime against people, you need to seek forgiveness: from both Allah and the person you wronged. Allah will not forgive you until the other person forgives you, so it’s important to go out of the way to seek their forgiveness. Especially forgive and seek people’s forgiveness in Ramadan.
Give this video a Thumbs Up if you enjoy our content and SUBSCRIBE
If you benefited from our content and would like to stay updated, please subscribe to our channel and TURN ON THE POST NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU DON’T MISS A VIDEO. As well be part of our YouTube Community where we have daily updates.
#noumanalikhan #omarsuleiman #bayyinahtv
PLEASE NOTE: Any of the views expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of Bayyinah Production or any other projects it may have or intend to do. Bayyinah Production and it’s affiliates do not advocate nor condone any unlawful activity towards any individual or community. May Allah purify my intentions, make it solely for his sake and forgive my short-comings. Ameen!