Difference in Muslim and Mumin | Nouman Ali Khan |
“The bedouins say, “We have believed.” Say, “You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], ‘We have submitted,’ for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” (Sahih International) (49:14)
• Legal belief vs. Real belief…just because you are legally Muslim doesn’t mean you are emotionally invested in Islam. There’s a difference between being a Muslim vs. Mu’min. We do not have the right to judge one another, but Allah does.
• إن تطيعوا :even if you don’t feel faith in your heart yet (ex. even if you have never cried in salaat), don’t worry you are still being rewarded for following Allah and the Prophet (S).
“The believers are only the ones who have believed in Allah and His Messenger and then doubt not but strive with their properties and their lives in the cause of Allah. It is those who are the truthful.” (Sahih International) (49:15)
• Doubt is intellectual and emotional; these Believers have always had solid faith in both areas
• A Muslim tries to do the minimum, a Mu’min tries to do the maximum… Believers feel the need to struggle, to impact others…they feel the need to serve and to lead.
“Say, “Would you acquaint Allah with your religion while Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth, and Allah is Knowing of all things?” (Sahih International) (49:16)
☝🏼 Only Allah is allowed to draw the lines between Islam and Imaan, so Allah sarcastically asks “Are you going to decide what Islam is and what Imaan is???”
“They consider it a favor to you that they have accepted Islam. Say, “Do not consider your Islam a favor to me. Rather, Allah has conferred favor upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if you should be truthful.” (Sahih International) (49:17)
• Allah did you the favor to guide you to Imaan! You aren’t doing Allah a favor by accepting Islam!
“Indeed, Allah knows the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is Seeing of what you do.” (Sahih International) (49:18)
• Only Allah knows what is in our hearts….only he can judge the quality of our actions. Purify your intentions, and be sincere!
Give this video a Thumbs Up if you enjoy our content and SUBSCRIBE
If you benefited from our content and would like to stay updated, please subscribe to our channel and TURN ON THE POST NOTIFICATIONS SO YOU DON’T MISS A VIDEO. As well be part of our YouTube Community where we have daily updates.
#noumanalikhan #omarsuleiman #bayyinahtv
PLEASE NOTE: Any of the views expressed by the speakers do not necessarily represent the views of Bayyinah Production or any other projects it may have or intend to do. Bayyinah Production and it’s affiliates do not advocate nor condone any unlawful activity towards any individual or community. May Allah purify my intentions, make it solely for his sake and forgive my short-comings. Ameen!